Monday, March 06, 2006

Tsotsi wins Ocsar Award so its time to move on...

You can imagine my reaction when Tsotsi won an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language film. I was soooo disappointed. People could not wait to call me, since they know my feelings on the film. I wrote a listserve for South African filmmakers and said that event though I feel the movie sucks, I congratulated them on the achievement.

I don’t know. So disappointed, but hey the Continental African won. Did you see how the director sat near the front but the two leads actors sat in the back by the emergency exit? I thought segregation was over. The other nominated directors were surrounded by their actors. Not in this case for the Africans. It was a disgrace.

Oh well. I have to finish two screenplays by the end of March, it more than a challenge to me, its to put pressure on myself. One is a script on a Roman Emperor, the other is a screenplay of an Ethiopian warrior…Should be fun, and I’ll keep you posted…

AND I feel that Terrence Howard should have sung the song. If you can act the role, you can go all the way. How many people can say that they sang lead on an Oscar Winning song? Taraji Henson didn’t care, she knew that last night was her moment…

There’s a lot of rumors as to why Terrence didn’t sing, and should we ever meet, I’m going to ask him why he didn’t sing…

Talk to you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home